A large organization will have numerous assets and managing them may not be an easy process. One cannot manually go and check each asset regularly. Hence, the importance of asset tagging arises.
Asset tagging involves identifying and managing the physical assets within your organization and it enables the easy tracking of your assets, where they are located, and how these assets change over time.
What are the benefits of asset tagging?
- Can monitor assets from anywhere
- Tack the serial number, model and movement of assets
- Lessens the chances of fraud and theft
- Makes documentation process simple
- Helps in taking a more informed decision with respect to a physical inventory
How is the process carried out?
Asset tagging involves a set of procedures that include;
- Asset Identification
- Determining the type of asset and category
- Giving a unique identification number
- Selecting the type of tag
- Updating the asset tracking system
- Cost Control and Asset Lifecycle Management:
- Asset Tracking
- Linked to a maintenance management
- Location & Conditions
- Compliance and Reporting
An asset tag will be usually made of metal or vinyl and it comes in different shapes and sizes. It will be fixed to the asset permanently and hence choosing the right one is of great significance. When you compare asset tagging to manual tacking process, the former is faster, economical and more accurate. AMA has been helping clients across different verticals manage and track their assets professionally. We will ensure that your organization is able to pinpoint the location of any asset within a matter of seconds and we will also see to it that you are able to locate unused, missing, and obsolete assets if any.